Saturday 4 February 2012

Lumia 800 - Great Design, Poor Audio Quality

Its a shame when it happens. You find something you love, you buy it and take it home - then when you get home you realize you just bought a lemon.

Well thats essentially what happened to me. I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 800 unlocked from an online store. I openned the box, everything seemed great. I cant remember having a bigger smile on my face in recent memory.

Being the producer I am, i quickly synced my songs via Zune desktop, plugged in my earphones and ran out the door to go to a meeting. Thats when tragedy struck.

Now I'm not the type to exagerate - so when I say there was literally no bass. There was indeed no bass. The lower frequencies... simply dont exist. I was pissed to say the least. I didnt understand. I thought maybe it was a software setting, perhaps it was even the earbuds?

Sigh...

After doing research it turns out I'm not alone. The Lumia 800 indeed has an audio quality problem as demonstrated by gsmarena.com


I packaged the device back up, and sold it on craigslist for $550. Unfortunately, i had no choice but to go ahead and pick up an iPhone 4S instead... not because I wanted to but because Nokia gave me no other choice.

Thats the thing about being a producer. Audio quality > all else. Its a gift, and a curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment